ACUVUE OASYS® by Johnson and Johnson Vision Care and Air Optix Night and Day by Alcon Inc. are two silicone hydrogel contact lenses. While the replacement schedule for ACUVUE OASYS is every two weeks, Air Optix Night and Day needs to be replaced after a month. Here are the highlights from the spec sheets:
- Lens design: ACUVUE OASYS is a spherical lens and Air Optix Night and Day is based on an aspherical lens design. Latter one promises improved acuity and less spherical abberation.
- Oasys can be worn up to 7 days, while Alcon's Air Optix can be worn up to 30 days. However these are just maximum numbers and your eye care practitioner will determine your individual wearing schedule.
- To increase the retention of water the two manufacturers have integrated a PVP- based wetting agent.
- ACUVUE OASYS blocks UVA and UVB rays, while this feature is missing in the Night and Day lens.
- The two slightly blue tinted lenses are very similar in cost. The daily cost without cleaning solution is about $0.52 to $0.78.
ACUVUE OASYS® and Air Optix Night & Day: Spec Sheets
Have you tried these contact lenses? We would love to get your feedback!