1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs 1-DAY ACUVUE MOIST
Updated: Aug 12, 2020
1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST and 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® are two daily replaceable contact lenses from Johnson and Johnson Vision Care Inc.
While 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST is made with the ionic hydrogel Etalfilcon A, 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® was the first daily replaceable silicone hydrogel lens when introduced in 2008. The silicone hydrogel material of 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® translates into more oxygen getting through the lens and letting your eyes breath. This is the most significant difference when looking at the technical and prescription parameters of these two lenses. Both lenses provide UV blocking, a feature Johnson & Johnson Vision Care has put into all of their contact lenses.
1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST and 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®: Spec Sheets
1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®
1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST
|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.||Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.|
|Release Date|| - September 2008: Initial product launch in the UK and Ireland.|
- April 2009: 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® is now available in Germany.
- May 2009: Roll-out in Hong-Kong.
- July 2009: Roll-out in France, Denmark, and Sweden.
- August 2009: Roll-out in Poland, Czechia and Russia.
- April 2010: Roll-out in Canada.
- June 2010: Roll-out in the US.
|Wearing Details||Daily wear||Daily wear|
|Sphere Powers|| -12.00D to +6.00D|
(in 0.5 steps after -6.00D)
| -12.00D to -6.00D in 0.5 steps |
-6.00D to +6.00D in 0.25 steps
+6.00D to +6.00D in 0.5 steps
|Base Curves|| 8.5 mm|
| 8.5 mm |
|Diameters||14.2 mm||14.2 mm|
|Lens Material|| Silicone hydrogel|
| Ionic hydrogel |
|Wetting Agent|| Yes |
| Yes |
|% of Material||54%||42%|
|% of Water||46%||58%|
|Center Thickness||0.085 mm||0.084 mm|
|Oxygen Transmission||118 Dk/t||33 Dk/t|
|Modulus||0.66 MPa||0.3 MPa|
|Special Features|| HYDRACLEAR® Technology|
embedding the highest volume of moisture-rich wetting agent in the HYDRACLEAR® family
|LACREON® Technology embeds a wetting agent into the lens matrix|
|UV Blocking|| Class 1 |
| Class 2 |
|Dynamic Light Absorption||No||No|
|Visibility Tint|| Yes |
| Yes |
|Inside-out Mark|| Yes |
| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Offers|
|Packaging Details|| 30 lenses per box or|
90 lenses per box
Each sterile lens is supplied in a foil-sealed plastic package containing buffered saline solution with methyl ether cellulose. The package is marked with important information such as base curve, diopter power, diameter, lot number and expiration date.
| 30 lenses per box or |
90 lenses per box
Each box contains 30 or 90 visibly tinted UV blocking lenses immersed in a buffered saline solution with povidone.
|Price Range|| $33 - $45 (30 lenses)|
$75 - $95 (90 lenses)
| $23 - $30 (30 lenses) |
$56 - $70 (90 lenses)
|Cost per Day|| $1.10 - $1.50 (30 lenses)|
$0.83 - $1.05 (90 lenses)
| $0.77 - $1.00 (30 lenses) |
$0.62 - $0.78 (90 lenses)
| Online Retailers |
(U.S., Canada, U.K.)
The two spec sheets are impressive but we believe that 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® is the winner in this side-by-side comparison. At the time of its introduction in 2008, this lens was breaking ground for a new generation of daily disposable contact lenses and an improvement over 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST. 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® has better UV blocking capabilities and provides more oxygen flow to the cornea. Wearing 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® taxes you with a higher daily cost per eye when compared to 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST.
More about this Product
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Parameters and Specs
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Reviews and Ratings
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Rebate Info
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Lens Caring Tips
- Where to buy 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
- How to handle your ACUVUE TruEye Lenses
- Additional 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye Images
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye receives Seal of Acceptance for UV Absorbing Contact Lenses
- Availability of 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye by Country
- Availability of 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye in US
- France to roll out 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
- FDA premarket notification for new silicone hydrogel lens
- Contact Lens Rebates 2020
- Lowest Price Finder - 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2020
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs ACUVUE OASYS
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs DAILIES TOTAL1
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs MyDay Daily Disposable
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs SofLens Dailies