1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs ACUVUE OASYS
How does ACUVUE OASYS® compare to the world's first daily disposable silicone hydrogel lens 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®?
A look at the spec sheets reveals that these two lenses from Johnson and Johnson Vision Care are quite similar - except for the material and the replacement schedule. While ACUVUE OASYS® is a biweekly replaceable silicone hydrogel lens that can be worn up to 6 consecutive nights, you have the benefit with 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® to start with a fresh pair of lenses every day. That means no cleaning routine, cleaning solution, and storage container. With our busy lifestyles, going with a daily replaceable lens is the preferred choice for many of us.
ACUVUE OASYS® and 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® are both silicone hydrogel lenses with identical UV blocking, similar prescription parameters, stiffness, and lens thickness. Both lenses have a built-in wetting agent to increase the water content and improve wearing comfort. The oxygen transmission value of ACUVUE OASYS® is about 25% higher than the value seen for 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®. This also explains the extended wearing modality of ACUVUE OASYS®. In general, daily replaceable lenses are more expensive than weekly or monthly lenses and so is the case here. If you're budget conscious, ACUVUE OASYS® might be the better choice for you (but always discuss with your eye care practitioner).
1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye® and ACUVUE OASYS® - Specs compared
1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®
|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.||Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.|
|Release Date|| - September 2008: Initial product launch in the UK and Ireland.|
- April 2009: 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® is now available in Germany.
- May 2009: Roll-out in Hong-Kong.
- July 2009: Roll-out in France, Denmark, and Sweden.
- August 2009: Roll-out in Poland, Czechia and Russia.
- April 2010: Roll-out in Canada.
- June 2010: Roll-out in the US.
|Replacement Schedule||Daily||Two weeks|
|Wearing Details||Daily wear|| Daily wear or |
up to 6 consecutive nights extended wear
|Sphere Powers|| -12.00D to +6.00D|
(in 0.5 steps after -6.00D)
| -12.00D to -6.00D in 0.5 steps |
-6.00D to +6.00D in 0.25 steps
+6.00D to +8.00D in 0.5 steps
|Base Curves|| 8.5 mm|
| 8.4 mm |
|Diameters||14.2 mm||14.0 mm|
|Lens Material|| Silicone hydrogel|
| Silicone hydrogel |
|Wetting Agents|| Yes |
| Yes |
|% of Material||54%||62%|
|% of Water||46%||38%|
|Center Thickness||0.085 mm||0.07 mm|
|Oxygen Transmission||118 Dk/t||147 Dk/t|
|Modulus||0.66 MPa||0.7 MPa|
|Special Features|| |
|UV Blocking|| Class 1 |
| Class 1 |
|Dynamic Light Absorption||No||No|
|Visibility Tint|| Yes |
| Yes |
|Inside-out Mark|| Yes |
| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Offers|
|Packaging Details|| 30 lenses per box or|
90 lenses per box
Each sterile lens is supplied in a foil-sealed plastic package containing buffered saline solution with methyl ether cellulose. The package is marked with important information such as base curve, diopter power, diameter, lot number and expiration date.
| 6 lenses per box, |
each lens in a foil-sealed plastic package
|Price Range|| $33 - $45 (30 lenses)|
$75 - $95 (90 lenses)
|$26 - $34|
|Cost per Day|| $1.10 - $1.50 (30 lenses)|
$0.83 - $1.05 (90 lenses)
|$0.28 - $0.38|
|Online Retailers|| |
Have you worn any of these lenses in the past? Or even both? We would love to get your feedback.
More about this Product
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Parameters and Specs
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Reviews and Ratings
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Rebate Info
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Lens Caring Tips
- Where to buy 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
- How to handle your ACUVUE TruEye Lenses
- Additional 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye Images
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye receives Seal of Acceptance for UV Absorbing Contact Lenses
- Availability of 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye by Country
- Availability of 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye in US
- France to roll out 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
- FDA premarket notification for new silicone hydrogel lens
- Contact Lens Rebates 2021
- Lowest Price Finder - 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2021
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs 1-DAY ACUVUE MOIST
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs DAILIES TOTAL1
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs MyDay Daily Disposable
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs SofLens Dailies