1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye receives Seal of Acceptance for UV Absorbing Contact Lenses
Jacksonville, Fl. August 6, 2010
1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® Brand Contact Lenses today became the fifth contact lens in the ACUVUE® family of products to receive the Seal of Acceptance for Ultraviolet Absorbing Contact Lenses from the American Optometric Association's (AOA) Commission on Ophthalmic Standards.
In awarding the Seal of Acceptance, AOA's Commission on Ophthalmic Standards, which provides independent evaluation of ophthalmic related products, determined that 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® meets AOA specifications for ultraviolet absorbing contact lenses. These specifications are in accordance with published standards of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO).
"For those who need vision correction, a significant measure of UV protection can be achieved with a combination of UV-absorbing sunglasses, a wide-brimmed hat, and UV-blocking contact lenses," says Karl M. Citek, OD, Ph.D., Chair of the Commission on Ophthalmic Standards.
"Not all contact lens lines offer UV protection, and, of those that do, not all provide similar absorption levels," explains Sheila Hickson-Curran, Director, Medical Affairs, VISTAKON, Division of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses offer effective UV-blocking, and among contact lens brands, only 1•DAY ACUVUE® TRUEYE™, ACUVUE OASYS® with HYDRACLEAR Plus, ACUVUE OASYS® for ASTIGMATISM, ACUVUE® ADVANCE with HYDRACLEAR, and ACUVUE® ADVANCE for ASTIGMATISM carry the AOA's Seal of Acceptance for Ultraviolet Absorbing Contact Lenses. These contact lenses offer the highest level of UV-blocking available, blocking more than 90 percent of UVA rays and 99 percent of UVB rays that reach the lens. On average, contact lenses without UV-blocking capability allow 90% of UV-A radiation and 70% of UV-B radiation to pass through the lenses to your eyes.
"Although UV-blocking contact lenses provide important added protection for patients, they should not be viewed as a stand-alone solution," notes Dr. Citek. "Contact lenses should always be worn in conjunction with high-quality UV-blocking sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat for maximum UV protection for the eyes."
ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses are indicated for vision correction.
More about this Product
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Parameters and Specs
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Reviews and Ratings
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Rebate Info
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Lens Caring Tips
- Where to buy 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
- How to handle your ACUVUE TruEye Lenses
- Additional 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye Images
- Availability of 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye by Country
- Availability of 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye in US
- France to roll out 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
- FDA premarket notification for new silicone hydrogel lens
- Contact Lens Rebates 2021
- Lowest Price Finder - 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2021
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs 1-DAY ACUVUE MOIST
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs ACUVUE OASYS
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs DAILIES TOTAL1
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs MyDay Daily Disposable
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs SofLens Dailies