ACUVUE OASYS for PRESBYOPIA vs. Air Optix Aqua Multifocal
With these two lenses, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care and Alcon serve the fastest growing contact lens market segment targeting primarily baby-boomers requiring vision correction for near- and distance vision. AIR OPTIX® AQUA Multifocal and ACUVUE OASYS® for PRESBYOPIA are two popular choices among patients with presbyopia. This comparison chart sheds light on the differences and similarities.
ACUVUE OASYS® for PRESBYOPIA and AIR OPTIX® AQUA Multifocal - Spec Sheets
Both lenses are available with three different add powers and have a similar oxygen transmissibillity value. AIR OPTIX AQUA Multifocal doesn't offer any UV blocking, whereas ACUVUE OASYS® for PRESBYOPIA provides UVA and UVB blocking. Comparing the average daily cost, AIR OPTIX Multifocal is slightly cheaper than the OASYS lens. AIR OPTIX is a monthly replacement lens, compared to the 1-2 week replacement schedule of OASYS. As with other AIR OPTIX lenses, we noticed a significant price range for AIR OPTIX AQUA Multifocal when researching prices online. So with a little bit of homework you could save some money.
Have you tried any of these two lenses? We would love to get your feedback.
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2020
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- Air Optix Aqua Multifocal vs. Biofinity Multifocal
- Air Optix Aqua Multifocal vs. DAILIES TOTAL1 Multifocal
- Air Optix Aqua Multifocal vs. DAILIES AquaComfort Plus Multifocal
- Air Optix Aqua Multifocal vs. PureVision Multifocal
- Air Optix Aqua Multifocal vs. Air Optix plus HydraGlyde Multifocal
- Air Optix Aqua Multifocal vs. Clariti 1 Day Multifocal
- Air Optix Aqua Multifocal vs. Proclear 1 day multifocal