Bausch + Lomb INFUSE
Updated: Apr 29, 2020
Bausch + Lomb INFUSE is a new daily disposable silicone hydrogel soft contact lens developed by Bausch + Lomb. The product is available to eye care practitioners since August 2020.
- This cast-molded lens is made with a new silicone hydrogel material called Kalifilcon A.
- It features UV blocking with Class 2 UV blocking capabilities.
- The water content is greater than 50% which - based on the FDA classification system - makes this lens a V-B class lens. V-B stands for the group of silicone hydrophilic soft contact lenses that are non-ionic and have a greater than 50% water content.
- As INFUSE goes up against the best-in-class daily silicone hydrogel lenses from its competitors Johnson and Johnson, Alcon, and CooperVision, Bausch + Lomb equipped this lens with high oxygen transmission capabilities and a 134 Dk/t value.
- A 'High Definition Optics' lens design reduces induced spherical aberration and improves visual performance.
- To address contact lens dryness and discomfort, Bausch Health introduced a new hydration technology called ProBalance Technology™. This first-of-its-kind technology provides a combination of two wetting agents (Poloxamine 1107 and Poloxamer 181), special osmoprotecting ingredients (Erythritol and Glycerin) and potassium (one of the electrolytes found in the tear film).
In Canada and Australia this product was approved under the name Bausch+Lomb ULTRA ONE DAY. Furthermore, the trademarked name ProBalance Technology got replaced with Advanced MoistureSeal Technology + ComfortFeel Technology. You might be aware that Bausch and Lomb also use the name ULTRA for one of their monthly disposable contact lenses. It's very important to note that Bausch+Lomb ULTRA monthly disposable contact lenses and the Bausch+Lomb ULTRA ONE DAY disposable contact lenses are completely different products. They have different materials, different technologies, different parameters, and different optics. In short: They are not the same lens. So if you live in Canada or Australia or any other country where INFUSE is sold as Bausch-Lomb ULTRA ONE DAY, it's important to understand that this lens is not the same as the ULTRA monthly disposable lens.
Where to buy Bausch + Lomb INFUSE
Option 1 - Buying through your Eye Care Professional
Ask your eye care professional for Bausch + Lomb INFUSE contact lenses. Start with trial lenses first. Your eye care professional will make sure that your prescription is up-to-date and that the technical lens parameters satisfy the requirements of your eyes. There are many different base curves and diameters available - sometimes even within the same product line. So it is important to get a proper fitting done before deciding on a lens. Once it is a go, you can buy or reorder through your eye care practitioner. Don't forget to ask your eye care professional whether Bausch + Lomb is offering a manufacturer rebate.
Option 2 - Buying online
If you already have a valid prescription, buying online is easy and convenient. Plus, you can find great deals and discounts. Optix-now is monitoring the prices of Bausch + Lomb INFUSE from many top contact lens retailers, so you don't have to spend a lot of time finding a great deal.
Bausch + Lomb INFUSE - Parameters and Specs
Bausch + Lomb INFUSE
|Product Image|| |
Note: In Canada and Australia this lens is called
|Price Comparison|| |
|Manufacturer||Bausch & Lomb Inc.|
|Release Date|| August 2020 (US) |
Q1 2021 (Canada)
Q1 2021 (Australia)
|Wearing Details||Daily wear|
|Sphere Powers|| +6.00D to -6.00D |
(in 0.25 steps)
-6.00D to -12.00D
(in 0.5 steps)
|Base Curves||8.6 mm|
|Lens Material|| Silicone hydrogel |
|Wetting Agents|| Poloxamine 1107 |
|% of Material||45%|
|% of Water||55% (by weight)|
|Center Thickness||0.08 mm|
|Oxygen Transmission||134 Dk/t|
|Special Features|| |
|UV Blocking|| Class 2 |
|Dynamic Light Absorption||No|
|Visibility Tint|| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Offers|
|Packaging Details|| 30 or 90 lenses per box, |
each lens immersed in a sterile phosphate buffered saline with 0.5% poloxamine solution
|Price Range||$75 - $105 (90 lenses)|
|Cost per Day||$0.83 - $1.17 (90 lenses)|
|Online Retailers|| |
1 FDA Provides 510(k) Clearance For BAUSCH + LOMB INFUSE™ Daily Disposable Silicone Hydrogel (SiHy Daily) Contact Lenses
- Bausch Health Companies
- Publishing Date: June 4, 2020
2 FDA Pre-Market Notification for Bausch + Lomb (Kalifilcon A)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Decision Date: June 2, 2020
3 Trademark Registration for BAUSCH + LOMB INFUSE
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Filing Date: July 15, 2019
4 TFOS DEWS II - Management and Therapy
- Ocular Surface Journal
- Publishing Date: July 2017
5 Health Canada Approves BAUSCH + LOMB ULTRA ONE DAY® Silicone Hydrogel Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
- Bausch Health Canada
- Publishing Date: August 2020
bauschinfuse, bausch infuse, bausch+lomb infuse
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2021
- Bausch + Lomb INFUSE vs PRECISION1 - a Comparison
- Bausch + Lomb INFUSE vs ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- Bausch + Lomb INFUSE vs DAILIES TOTAL1
- Bausch + Lomb INFUSE vs Biotrue ONEday