Bausch + Lomb INFUSE
Updated: August 8, 2020
Bausch + Lomb INFUSE is a brand new daily disposable silicone hydrogel soft contact lens developed by Bausch + Lomb. The product will be available to eye care practitioners in the second half of 2020.
- The cast-molded lens is made with a new silicone hydrogel material called Kalifilcon A.
- It features UV blocking with Class 2 UV blocking capabilities.
- The water content is greater than 50% which - based on the FDA classification system - makes this lens a V-B class lens. V-B stands for the group of silicone hydrophilic soft contact lenses that are non-ionic and have a greater than 50% water content.
- As INFUSE competes with the best-in-class daily silicone hydrogel lenses from Johnson and Johnson, Alcon, and CooperVision, Bausch + Lomb equipped this lens with high oxygen transmission capabilities and a 134 Dk/t value.
- A 'High Definition Optics' lens design reduces induced spherical aberration and improves visual performance.
- To address contact lens dryness and discomfort, Bausch Health introduces a new hydration technology called ProBalance Technology™. This technology provides a combination of two wetting agents (Poloxamine 1107 and Poloxamer 181), special osmoprotecting ingredients (Erythritol and Glycerin) and potassium (one of the electrolytes found in the tear film).
bauschinfuse, bausch infuse, bausch+lomb infuse
Bausch + Lomb INFUSE - Parameters and Specs
1 FDA Provides 510(k) Clearance For BAUSCH + LOMB INFUSE™ Daily Disposable Silicone Hydrogel (SiHy Daily) Contact Lenses
- Bausch Health Companies
- Publishing Date: June 4, 2020
2 FDA Pre-Market Notification for Bausch + Lomb (Kalifilcon A)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Decision Date: June 2, 2020
3 Trademark Registration for BAUSCH + LOMB INFUSE
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Filing Date: July 15, 2019
4 TFOS DEWS II - Management and Therapy
- Ocular Surface Journal
- Publishing Date: July 2017