Bausch + Lomb INFUSE
Updated: Feb 21, 2020
Bausch + Lomb INFUSE is a new daily disposable silicone hydrogel soft contact lens developed by Bausch + Lomb. The product is available to eye care practitioners since August 2020.
- This cast-molded lens is made with a new silicone hydrogel material called Kalifilcon A.
- It features UV blocking with Class 2 UV blocking capabilities.
- The water content is greater than 50% which - based on the FDA classification system - makes this lens a V-B class lens. V-B stands for the group of silicone hydrophilic soft contact lenses that are non-ionic and have a greater than 50% water content.
- As INFUSE goes up against the best-in-class daily silicone hydrogel lenses from its competitors Johnson and Johnson, Alcon, and CooperVision, Bausch + Lomb equipped this lens with high oxygen transmission capabilities and a 134 Dk/t value.
- A 'High Definition Optics' lens design reduces induced spherical aberration and improves visual performance.
- To address contact lens dryness and discomfort, Bausch Health introduced a new hydration technology called ProBalance Technology™. This first-of-its-kind technology provides a combination of two wetting agents (Poloxamine 1107 and Poloxamer 181), special osmoprotecting ingredients (Erythritol and Glycerin) and potassium (one of the electrolytes found in the tear film).
In Canada and Australia this product was approved under the name Bausch+Lomb ULTRA ONE DAY. Furthermore, the trademarked name ProBalance Technology got replaced with Advanced MoistureSeal Technology + ComfortFeel Technology. You might be aware that Bausch and Lomb also use the name ULTRA for one of their monthly disposable contact lenses. It's very important to note that Bausch+Lomb ULTRA monthly disposable contact lenses and the Bausch+Lomb ULTRA ONE DAY disposable contact lenses are completely different products. They have different materials, different technologies, different parameters, and different optics. In short: They are not the same lens. So if you live in Canada or Australia or any other country where INFUSE is sold as Bausch-Lomb ULTRA ONE DAY, it's important to understand that this lens is not the same as the ULTRA monthly disposable lens.
bauschinfuse, bausch infuse, bausch+lomb infuse
Bausch + Lomb INFUSE - Parameters and Specs
Bausch + Lomb INFUSE
|Product Image|| |
Note: In Canada and Australia this lens is called
|Manufacturer||Bausch & Lomb Inc.|
|Release Date|| August 2020 (US) |
Q1 2021 (Canada)
Q1 2021 (Australia)
|Wearing Details||Daily wear|
|Sphere Powers|| +6.00D to -6.00D |
(in 0.25 steps)
-6.00D to -12.00D
(in 0.5 steps)
|Base Curves||8.6 mm|
|Lens Material|| Silicone hydrogel |
|Wetting Agents|| Poloxamine 1107 |
|% of Material||45%|
|% of Water||55% (by weight)|
|Center Thickness||0.08 mm|
|Oxygen Transmission||134 Dk/t|
|Special Features|| |
|UV Blocking|| Class 2 |
|Dynamic Light Absorption||No|
|Visibility Tint|| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Offers|
|Packaging Details|| 30 or 90 lenses per box, |
each lens immersed in a sterile phosphate buffered saline with 0.5% poloxamine solution
|Price Range||$75 - $105 (90 lenses)|
|Cost per Day||$0.83 - $1.17 (90 lenses)|
|Online Retailers|| |
1 FDA Provides 510(k) Clearance For BAUSCH + LOMB INFUSE™ Daily Disposable Silicone Hydrogel (SiHy Daily) Contact Lenses
- Bausch Health Companies
- Publishing Date: June 4, 2020
2 FDA Pre-Market Notification for Bausch + Lomb (Kalifilcon A)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Decision Date: June 2, 2020
3 Trademark Registration for BAUSCH + LOMB INFUSE
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Filing Date: July 15, 2019
4 TFOS DEWS II - Management and Therapy
- Ocular Surface Journal
- Publishing Date: July 2017
5 Health Canada Approves BAUSCH + LOMB ULTRA ONE DAY® Silicone Hydrogel Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
- Bausch Health Canada
- Publishing Date: August 2020
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2021
- Bausch + Lomb INFUSE vs PRECISION1 - a Comparison
- Bausch + Lomb INFUSE vs ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- Bausch + Lomb INFUSE vs DAILIES TOTAL1
- Bausch + Lomb INFUSE vs Biotrue ONEday