Our eyes allow us to see the world around us by taking the light rays that enter the pupil and bringing them into focus on the retina. In low light conditions like night-light driving the pupil dilates to allow more light to enter. When this occurs, rays passing through the outer edges of the pupil may be refracted to a greater degree than the central rays resulting in loss of focus. This is called 'spherical aberration'.
Spherical aberration is a very common condition that may cause patients to experience blurred vision, halos or glare, especially in low light conditions.
Not all contact lenses compensate for spherical aberration; in fact some contact lenses do not reduce spherical aberration effectively across all powers and in some cases may make it worse.
Bausch + Lomb PureVision2 contact lenses with high-definition optics are designed to reduce spherical aberration across a broad range of available powers and the halos, glare, and blur that can be associated with it.
Utilizing aspherical lens surfaces to control how the light reaches the retina, these advanced optical designs help ensure patients enjoy incredible crisp and clear vision - even in low light.
For the astigmatic eye the refractive correction requires compensation in two power meridians.
Features and Benefits of PureVision2 HD with high-definition optics
- High Definition Optics provides crisp and clear vision.
- ComforMoist Technology for initial and overall comfort.
- Thin lens design, yet they are remarkably easy to handle.
- High oxygen transmissibility with a 130Dk/t value for clear and bright eyes.
Who should consider these lenses?
- They are ideal for first time wearers seeking maximum vision performance while not having to compromise ease and comfort.
- People who want to wear contact lenses all day or are looking for a high-performance lens in low-light conditions.
What else should you know about PureVision2?
|Price Comparison|| |
|Manufacturer||Bausch & Lomb Inc.|
|Wearing Details|| Daily wear or |
extended wear up to 30 days
|Sphere Powers|| +6.00 to -6.00D in 0.25 steps |
-6.00D to -12.00D in 0.5 steps
|Base Curves||8.6 mm|
|Lens Material|| Silicone hydrogel |
|% of Material||64%|
|% of Water||36%|
|Center Thickness||0.07 mm|
|Oxygen Transmission||130 Dk/t|
|Special Features|| |
|Dynamic Light Absorption||No|
|Visibility Tint|| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Offers|
|Packaging Details|| 6 lenses per box, |
immersed in a poloxamine solution
|Price Range|| $42 - $56 (6 lenses) |
|Cost per Day|| $0.24 - $0.31 (6 lenses) |
|Online Retailers|| |
- Common naming variations and misspellings include PureVision 2 and Pure-Vision 2.
- Note: We received some questions from users and there is some confusion about the product name: PureVision2 and PureVision2 HD. While some retailers refer to them using the latter name, they are, according to Bausch & Lomb, one and the same.