According to Alcon, a revolution in contact lens technology and comfort: DAILIES TOTAL1 with SmarTears® technology start with a highly breathable silicone hydrogel core with a low 33% water content allowing the lens to have a high DK/t value of 156. An inter-penetrating anchoring zone with a hydrophilic polymer network is embedded into the core creating an ultra soft surface gel with essentially no silicone and an average water content over 80%.
In addition - at the outermost surface - extended water loving polymer chains enable the water content to approach 100% water. These loosely cross-linked polymers help the lens maintain outstanding lubricity until the end of the day.
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2018
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. MyDay Daily Disposable
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. Clariti 1 Day
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. DAILIES AquaComfort Plus
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. Proclear 1 day
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. SofLens Dailies