Introduced in June 2011, CooperVision's Biofinity Multifocal contact lenses are based on a combination of the comfilcon material that is found in Biofinity and Biofinity Toric as well as the Balanced Progressive Technology design that is found in the Proclear Multifocal lenses.
It's a 3rd generation silicone material with high oxygen permeability, but high water content and low modulus. This material has been able to break the relationship between the three: Prior to Biofinity Multifocal a higher oxygen permeability meant a lower % of water content, or the higher the oxygen permeability the stiffer the material. There are some differences between these lenses and Proclear Multifocal, but the design is very similar.
CooperVision is offering a D lens and a N lens version, D for the dominant eye, N for the non-dominant eye which promises to simplify the fitting process for doctors. Both lenses provide excellent vision - at reading, far and intermediate distance.
Features and Benefits
- Aquaform Technology gives the lens material strong hydrophilic properties increasing wearing comfort and minimizing deposits.
- High oxygen transmissibility will allow your eyes to breath and stay healthy.
Who should consider Biofinity Multifocal?
- Presbyopic patients who experience discomfort due to dryness when wearing contact lenses and are therefore looking for outstanding 24-hour comfort.
- People who are looking for breathable monthly lenses for healthy and extended overnight wear.
- People that want to sleep with their lenses in.
- People that reach their 40s and have difficulties reading small print can keep everything in focus - close up, far away, and in-between
What else should you know about these lenses?
|Manufacturer|| CooperVision, Inc. |
The Cooper Companies Inc.
|Release Date||June 2011|
|Wearing Details|| 4 weeks, daily wear or |
up to 6 nights extended wear
|Available Sphere Powers|| -8.00D to +6.00D |
(0.50D steps after -6.00D)
|Available ADD Powers|| +1.00D |
|Available Base Curves||8.6mm|
|Lens Material|| Silicone hydrogel |
|% of Material||52%|
|% of Water||48%|
|Oxygen Transmissibility||142 Dk/t|
|Special Features|| Aquaform® Technology and
D-lens and N-lens design.
|Visibility Tint|| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Ratings|
|Packaging Details|| 6 lenses per box, |
each lens in a foil-sealed plastic package
|Online Retail Price||$60.00 - $83.00|
|Cost per Day||$0.33 - $0.46|
|Consumer Rating||( 100 Votes )|
|View Latest Deals||
Other monthly or bi-weekly disposable multifocal contact lenses
- The following products are competing with them: ACUVUE OASYS® for PRESBYOPIA, AIR OPTIX AQUA Multifocal, PureVision Multifocal, SofLens Multi-Focal
- Common naming variations and misspellingsinclude Biofiniti Multifocal and Biofinnity multifocal.