MiSight 1 day contact lenses from CooperVision are the first daily disposable contact lenses that were approved by the FDA for the management of childhood myopia. A unique lens design featuring ActiveControl has shown in clinical studies, that a child's myopia might progress at a slower rate when wearing MiSight 1 day as compared to wearing eyeglasses or other contact lenses.
The material used in MiSight 1 day is the same base material implemented in CooperVision's Proclear 1-day. It's a non-ionic hydrogel material with a 60% water content.
- A dual focus design with a large central area for vision correction is surrounded by concentric zones of alternating distances and near powers.
- The near power acts as a zone dedicated to slow the progression of myopia.
MiSight has multiple treatment zones implemented as a ring structure that aligns with the pupil of a child to ensure consistent treatment effect in all conditions.
1 CooperVision MiSight 1 Day Team Honored with 2019 BCLA Industry Award
"... In 2009, MiSight® 1 day was the first contact lens introduced for myopia management..."
- CooperVision U.S.
- Published online - June 03, 2019
2 A 3-year Randomized Clinical Trial of MiSight Lenses for Myopia Control
- Chamberlain P; Logan N; Jones D; Gonzalez-Meijome J; Saw S-M; Young G
- Published in 'Optometry and Vision Science': Volume 96, Issue 8 - August 2019
3 Analysis of the power profile of a new soft contact lens for myopia progression
- Ruiz-Alcocer, Javier
- Published online by 'US National Library of Medicine' - Nov 17, 2016
4 MiSight Assessment Study Spain (MASS). A 2-year randomized clinical trial
- Ruiz-Pomeda, Alicia; Pérez-Sánchez, Belén; Valls, Isabel; Prieto-Garrido, Francisco Luis; Gutiérrez-Ortega, Ramón
- Published in 'Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology: Volume 256, Issue 5 - May 2018
5 The Effects of dual focus MiSight contact lenses on Choroidal Thickness
- Tong, Cythial; Narkhede,Vishal
- Published by 'The University of Auckland: Optom570 - 2014
6 CooperVision - MiSight Clinical Results
- CooperVision Philippines
7 FDA approves CooperVision's MiSight 1-Day for Childhood Myopia
- Published by 'Optix-now': Nov 2019