SofLens 38 - Parameters and Specs
With an extra-thin lens design, this nonionic hydrogel contact lens provides sharp and clear vision combined with maximum comfort and ease-of-use. SofLens 38 - formerly marketed as Optima FW - are easy to handle and insert: the visibility tint will help you to apply the lenses.
Features and Benefits of SofLens 38 Contact Lenses
- The low center thickness provides high oxygen transmission allowing more oxygen to get through to your eye thus reducing the problem of red and dry eyes.
- The increased mid-peripheral thickness keeps the lens stable when applied or removed.
- SofLens 38 Contacts are made of 61.4% polymacon - a hydrophilic polymer of 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate.
- SofLens 38 can be worn up to 30 days (based on daily wear) with an extended wearing schedule of up to 7 days as determined by your eye care professional.
- SofLens 38 can be disinfected using either heat or hydrogen peroxide.
Who should consider SofLens 38?
- SofLens 38 contacss are ideal for first-time contact lens users seeking a proven contact lens utilizing a time-tested material.
- People who want to wear contact lenses every day and even overnight (as recommended by their eye care practitioner).
- People that are looking for a cost-efficient way to wear contact lenses.
What else should you know about SofLens 38?
|Price Comparison|| |
|Manufacturer||Bausch & Lomb Inc.|
|Release Date|| 1993 |
(originally introduced as Optima FW)
|Wearing Details||Daily wear or extended wear (as determined by your eye care professional)|
|Sphere Powers|| -9.00D to -6.50D |
(in 0.5 steps)
-9.00D to +4.00D
(in 0.25 steps)
|Base Curves|| 8.4 mm |
|Lens Material|| Nonionic |
|Wetting Agents|| Yes |
|% of Material||61%|
|% of Water||39%|
|Center Thickness||0.035 mm|
|Oxygen Transmission||24 Dk/t|
|Dynamic Light Absorption||No|
|Visibility Tint|| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Offers|
|Packaging Details|| 6 lenses per box. |
Each lens is shipped sterile in a blister package containing a borate buffered saline solution and marked with the manufacturing lot number, the base curve, sphere, diameter, and the expiration date.
|Price Range|| $18 - $30 (6 lenses) |
|Cost per Day|| $0.10 - $0.17 (6 lenses) |
|Online Retailers|| |