Updated: Nov 2, 2022
Two new lenses, launched at the same time and an expansion of the popular ACUVUE OAYSYS 1-Day family! MAX is the new motto, so we went on a mission to find out more about these new contacts.
- The base material is Senofilcon A. Senofilcon A is a silicone hydrogel already used in the ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY product line. So no surprises here.
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Care has registered four versions with the FDA: A sphere version for myopic/hyperopic patients, a toric and a multifocal version, and last but not least, a multifocal lens for people that also need to correct their astigmatism. We know from the press release, that the roll-out will start with the myopic/hyperopic and the multifocal lens in September 2022. For the first time, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care is launching two contact lenses at the same time.
- In addition to the sphere vision, the new ACUVUE OASYS MAX 1-Day Multifocal is the first daily-replaceable OASYS lens for patients with presbyopia and an alternative to the 1-Day Acuvue Moist Multifocal.
- The lenses are for daily wear and need to be discarded upon removal. Therefore, no cleaning or disinfection is required.
- With a water content of 38%, ACUVUE OASYS MAX 1-Day is classified as a V-C lens. These are silicone hydrogel lenses with less than 50% water (non-ionic). Oxygen permeability (Dk) - a parameter that indicates how much oxygen can get through the lens to the cornea - is 108 Dk, or 121 Dk/t oxygen transmission at 3.00D. This is in a similar range as most of the recently launched daily disposable SiHy lenses.
- UVA and UVB protection are a given, knowing that all ACUVUE lenses offer UV protection. ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY MAX is a Class-1 lens. Class-1 lenses provide >90% UVA and >99% UVB blocking capabilities.
- The lenses also provide HEVL absorption. Johnson & Johnson Vision Care calls this OptiBlue Light Filter Technology. HEVL stands for High Energy Visible Light in the blue/violet spectrum range also known as Blue Light.
- The second new feature that is available with the ACUVUE OASYS MAX 1-Day is called TearStable Technology. By increasing tear stability with a slower rate of tear evaporation when compared to competitors' products, these lenses promise to maintain wearing comfort over a longer period of time and in more demanding sitautions like when looking at our electronic devices.
- Pre-Market Notification by the FDA was on Nov 29, 2021.
- ACUVUE OASYS MAX 1-Day are now available from select contact lens retailers.
ACUVUE OASYS MAX 1-Day - Parameters and Specs
ACUVUE OASYS MAX 1-DAY
|Price Comparison|| |
|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.|
|Release Date||September 2022|
|Wearing Details||Daily wear|
|Sphere Powers|| -12.00D to +8.00D in 0.25 steps |
and in 0.5 steps after +-6.00D
|Base Curves|| 8.5 mm |
|Lens Material|| Silicone hydrogel |
|Wetting Agents|| Yes |
|% of Material||62%|
|% of Water||38%|
|Center Thickness||0.085 mm|
|Oxygen Transmission||121 Dk/t|
|UV Blocking|| Class 1 |
Up to 100% UVB
|Dynamic Light Absorption||No|
|Inside-out Mark|| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Offers|
|Packaging Details|| 30 lenses per box, |
each lens in a foil-sealed plastic package
|Price Range|| $39 - $55 (30 lenses) |
|Cost per Day|| $1.30 - $1.83 (30 lenses) |
|Online Retailers|| |
Can I buy ACUVUE OASYS MAX 1-Day with a valid prescription for ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY with HydraLuxe?
One of our readers sent us an email with this question, so we reached out to Johnson & Johnson Vision and got the following response:
"Thank you for contacting us about our product line.
Because of the important role that Eye Care Professionals play in ensuring the long-term eye health of contact lens wearers, we recommend consulting with your Eye Care Professional regarding your inquiry.
Should you need help in finding an Eye Care Professional that fits this product, visit our website at www.acuvue.com and follow the links from "GET CONTACTS".
Only an Eye Care Professional can properly measure your need for correction as well as determine which size and type of contact lens is best for you. To keep your vision sharp and your eyes healthy, we recommend seeing your Eye Care Professional annually or as directed.
If we can be of further assistance, please call us, toll-free, at 1-800-843-2020 and reference the ID# located in the above subject field. Our telephone hours are Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time.
Thank you for your interest.