DAILIES TOTAL1 - Overview and Parameters
According to Alcon, a revolution in contact lens technology and comfort: DAILIES TOTAL1 with SmarTears® technology start with a highly breathable silicone hydrogel core with a low 33% water content allowing the lens to have a high Dk/t value of 156. An inter-penetrating anchoring zone with a hydrophilic polymer network is embedded into the core creating an ultra soft surface gel with essentially no silicone and an average water content over 80%.
In addition - at the outermost surface - extended water loving polymer chains enable the water content to approach 100% water. These loosely cross-linked polymers help the lens maintain outstanding lubricity until the end of the day.
It's the world's first water gradient contact lens with an increase from 33% to over 80% water from the core to the surface. The result is a lens that delivers both superior breath-ability for white and healthy-looking eyes and long lasting lubricity for unprecedented comfort until the end of the day.
DAILIES TOTAL1 - Spec Sheet
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2019
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs DAILIES AquaComfort Plus
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. Clariti 1 Day
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. MyDay Daily Disposable
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. Proclear 1 day
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. SofLens Dailies