PRECISION1 - Parameters and Specs
Now available through select eye care professionals in the US and already widely available in Australia and New Zealand, Alcon adds another daily disposable silicone hydrogel contact lens to its contact lens portfolio. It also marks the beginning of a new product line, as we can expect a toric and a multifocal version in the future.
According to the FDA filing, PRECISION1 is made with Verofilcon A, a new silicone hydrogel with a 51% water content. In addition, Alcon is adding Class 1 UVA and UVB protection, a feature we have also seen in some of the Acuvue lenses (such as Acuvue Oasys 1-Day).
PRECISION1 features SMARTSURFACE® Technology, a technology that embeds a higher percentage of water (greater than 80%) on the surface than in the core, making the core highly breathable and the surface extremely moist. Alcon calls this 'aqueous extraction and surface treatment'.
- Clinical Performance of Two Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
by Alcon Inc.
U.S. National Library of Medicine - August, 2019
- FDA Premarket Approval - Precision1
FDA Medical Devices Database, December, 2018
- Precision1 Contact Lenses With Smartsurface Technology: Material Properties, Surface Wettability and Clinical Performance
by Jessica Mathew, OD, PhD, FAAO
Alcon Medical Affairs, Fort Worth, TX
Precision1 Spec Sheet and Parameters
updated: Nov 28, 2019
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2020
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- PRECISION1 vs. DAILIES TOTAL1
- PRECISION1 vs. 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST
- PRECISION1 vs. ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY
- PRECISION1 vs. DAILIES AquaComfort Plus
- PRECISION1 vs. MyDay daily disposable
- PRECISION1 vs. Clariti 1 Day
- PRECISION1 vs. Biotrue ONEday
- PRECISION1 vs. Proclear 1 day
- PRECISION1 vs. 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®
- PRECISION1 vs. SofLens Dailies