ACUVUE® VITA® vs. Biofinity
ACUVUE VITA® and Biofinity are two high-performance silicone hydrogel contact lenses with a monthly replacement schedule.
ACUVUE VITA® is Johnson and Johnson Vision Care's first monthly lens. The new VITA® product line was introduced in 2016. ACUVUE VITA® is available as a mono-vision lens or as a toric lens. Biofinity was originally rolled out in 2007, with a presbyopic and a toric version being added later. The wetting-agent free Biofinity comes with an aspheric design, while ACUVUE VITA® is a spherical lens with Class 1 UV blocking. Water content, center thickness and the breathability value (oxygen transmission) are similar. Although most people like to take their lenses out at night, Biofinity can be recommended by your eye practitioner to be worn continuously up to 7 days. Both lenses cover a wide prescription range, even for people that require a very high plus or minus correction. The daily cost per eye is similar and wearing any of these lenses will put you around 50 cents out of pocket every day (cleaning solution not included).
ACUVUE VITA® and Biofinity: Spec Sheets
Have you tried these contact lenses? We would love to get your feedback!
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2019
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- ACUVUE® VITA® vs. Air Optix Aqua
- ACUVUE® VITA® vs. PureVision2
- ACUVUE® VITA® vs. SofLens 38
- ACUVUE® VITA® vs. Proclear
- ACUVUE® VITA® vs. PureVision
- ACUVUE® VITA® vs. Bausch + Lomb ULTRA