Updated: Feb 5, 2020
A comparison of ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY and MyDay daily disposable from CooperVision. What are the differences? Detailed up-to-date specifications shown side by side: material, parameters, special features, and daily cost.
- ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY by Johnson and Johnson Vision Care and MyDay daily disposable by CooperVision are two silicone hydrogel, daily disposable contact lenses.
- Both lenses were launched less than five years ago and are the most recent lenses, Johnson and Johnson and CooperVision added to their portfolio of daily lenses.
- While ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY comes with a spherical lens design, CooperVision decided to adopt an aspherical lens design for the MyDay lens. Aspherical lens designs promise to reduce spherical aberration, resulting in improved vision, particularly at night.
- Johnson and Johnson made a clear commitment to UV blocking more than twenty years ago, so it's no surprise to find Class 1 UV Blocking in ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY. And so is the case with MyDay. CooperVision implemented Class 2 UV blocking in the MyDay product family.
- The initial water content of MyDay is 54% compared to 38% filed for ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY.
- Both lenses feature their own proprietary wetting technology: Hydraluxe for ACUVUE OASYS® and the wetting-agent-free Smart Silicone technology for MyDay.
- The cost for ACUVUE OASYS® and MyDay is very similar. A three month supply (box with 90 lenses) costs around $78 to $90, additional rebates not included.
ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY and MyDay daily disposable - Spec Sheets
ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY with HydraLuxe
MyDay daily disposable
|Price Comparison|| |
|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.|| CooperVision, Inc. |
The Cooper Companies Inc.
|Release Date||July 2016||June 2015|
|Wearing Details||Daily wear||Daily wear|
|Sphere Powers|| -12.00D to +8.00D in 0.25 steps|
and in 0.5 steps after +-6.00D
| -6.00D to +5.00D in 0.25 steps |
-6.50D to -10.00D in 0.50 steps
+5.00D to +6.00D in 0.50 steps
|Base Curves|| 8.5 mm|
|Diameters||14.3 mm||14.2 mm|
|Lens Material|| Silicone hydrogel|
| Silicone hydrogel |
|Wetting Agents|| Yes |
|% of Material||62%||46%|
|% of Water||38%||54%|
|Center Thickness||0.085 mm||0.08 mm|
|Oxygen Transmission||121 Dk/t||100 Dk/t|
|Modulus||0.72 MPa||0.4 MPa|
|Special Features|| |
|UV Blocking|| Class 1 |
| Class 2 |
|Dynamic Light Absorption||No||No|
|Visibility Tint|| Yes |
| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Offers|
|Packaging Details|| 30 or 90 lenses per box,|
each lens in a foil-sealed plastic package
| 30 lenses per box, or |
90 lenses per box
|Price Range|| $79 - $116 (90 lenses)|| $63 - $106 (90 lenses) |
$119 - $175 (180 lenses)
|Cost per Day|| $0.88 - $1.29 (90 lenses)|| $0.70 - $1.18 (90 lenses) |
$0.66 - $0.97 (180 lenses)
|Online Retailers|| |
Have you tried these contact lenses? We would love to get your feedback!