Update: Feb 5, 2020
A comparison of ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY and Clariti 1 Day - two daily disposable silicone hydrogel lenses. What are the differences? Detailed up-to-date specifications shown side by side: material, parameters, special features, and daily cost.
- Clariti 1 Day features an aspherical design for reduced spherical aberration, halos and glare.
- Both lenses offer UV protection, however, ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY is a Class-1 lens while Clariti 1 Day achieves Class-2 protection.
- ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY outperforms Clariti on oxygen transmission with a 50% higher Dk/t value when compared to Clariti 1 Day. But that also translates into a higher water content for the Clariti lens. As with all silicone hydrogel lenses, manufacturers try to balance breathability and moisture retention and one higher/lower value doesn't necessarily mean one is better than the other (after all, our eyes all respond differently to various materials and technical parameters).
- With Clariti 1 Day you look at a 5-10% lower daily cost compared to the ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY (which is in the $0.87 - $0.97 range).
- Both lenses are popular and time-tested silicone hydrogel lenses that you can get prescribed at a reasonable cost when compared to other high-end daily disposable lenses.
ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY and Clariti 1 Day - Spec Sheets
ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY with HydraLuxe
Clariti 1 Day
|Price Comparison|| |
|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.|| CooperVision, Inc. |
The Cooper Companies Inc.
|Release Date||July 2016||November 2009|
|Wearing Details||Daily wear||Daily wear|
|Sphere Powers|| -12.00D to +8.00D|
(in 0.5 steps after +-6.00D)
| +8.00D to +6.00D in 0.5 steps |
+6.00D to +0.50D in 0.25 steps
-0.50D to -6.00D in 0.25 steps
-6.00D to -10.00D in 0.5 steps
|Base Curves|| 8.5 mm|
|Diameters||14.3 mm||14.1 mm|
|Lens Material|| Silicone hydrogel|
| Silicone hydrogel |
(Filicon II 3)
|Wetting Agents|| Yes |
|% of Material||62%||44%|
|% of Water||38%||56%|
|Center Thickness||0.085 mm||0.07 mm|
|Oxygen Transmission||121 Dk/t||86 Dk/t|
|Modulus||0.72 MPa||0.5 MPa|
|UV Blocking|| Class 1 |
| Class 2 |
|Dynamic Light Absorption||No||No|
|Visibility Tint|| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Offers|
|Packaging Details|| 30 or 90 lenses per box,|
each lens in a foil-sealed plastic package
|90 lenses per box|
|Price Range|| $72 - $110 (90 lenses)|| $59 - $81 (90 lenses) |
|Cost per Day|| $0.80 - $1.22 (90 lenses)|| $0.66 - $0.90 (90 lenses) |
|Online Retailers|| |
Have you tried these contact lenses? We would love to get your feedback!