ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY vs Clariti 1 Day
Update: Feb 5, 2020
A comparison of ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY and Clariti 1 Day - two daily disposable silicone hydrogel lenses. What are the differences? Detailed up-to-date specifications shown side by side: material, parameters, special features, and daily cost.
- Clariti 1 Day features an aspherical design for reduced spherical aberration, halos and glare.
- Both lenses offer UV protection, however, ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY is a Class-1 lens while Clariti 1 Day achieves Class-2 protection.
- ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY outperforms Clariti on oxygen transmission with a 50% higher Dk/t value when compared to Clariti 1 Day. But that also translates into a higher water content for the Clariti lens. As with all silicone hydrogel lenses, manufacturers try to balance breathability and moisture retention and one higher/lower value doesn't necessarily mean one is better than the other (after all, our eyes all respond differently to various materials and technical parameters).
- With Clariti 1 Day you look at a 5-10% lower daily cost compared to the ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY (which is in the $0.87 - $0.97 range).
- Both lenses are popular and time-tested silicone hydrogel lenses that you can get prescribed at a reasonable cost when compared to other high-end daily disposable lenses.
ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY and Clariti 1 Day - Spec Sheets
Have you tried these contact lenses? We would love to get your feedback!
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2020
- ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY vs 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
- Lens Advisor
- ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY vs DAILIES TOTAL1
- ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY vs DAILIES AquaComfort Plus
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY vs MyDay
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY vs Proclear 1 day
- Hubble vs ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY
- ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY vs SofLens Dailies