Updated: Feb 5, 2020
A comparison of ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY and DAILIES TOTAL1. What are the differences? Detailed up-to-date specifications shown side by side with a comparison of material, technical parameters, prescription parameters, special features, and daily cost.
- Both lenses belong to the latest generation of silicone hydrogel lenses - they were introduced in 2013 (Dailies) and 2016 (Acuvue).
- ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY offers Class-1 UVA and UVB protection, DAILIES TOTAL1 doesn't.
- DAILIES TOTAL1 outperforms ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY on oxygen transmission.
- While the water content of the two lenses is similar when looking at the lens core, DAILIES TOTAL1's water content increases to 80% at the surface.
- The daily cost per eye for ACUVUE OASYS and for DAILIES TOTAL1 is similar and ranges from $0.87 to $1.11.
ACUVUE OASYS® 1-DAY and DAILIES TOTAL1: Spec Sheets
ACUVUE OASYS 1-DAY with HydraLuxe
|Price Comparison|| |
|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.||Alcon Inc.|
|Release Date||July 2016||2013|
|Wearing Details||Daily wear||Daily wear|
|Sphere Powers|| -12.00D to +8.00D|
(in 0.5 steps after +-6.00D)
| -12.00D to -6.00D in 0.50 steps |
-6.00D to +6.00D in 0.25 steps
|Base Curves|| 8.5 mm|
|Diameters||14.3 mm||14.1 mm|
|Lens Material|| Silicone hydrogel|
| Silicone hydrogel |
|Wetting Agents|| Yes |
| Yes |
|% of Material||62%||67%|
|% of Water||38%||33%|
|Center Thickness||0.085 mm||0.09 mm|
|Oxygen Transmission||121 Dk/t||156 Dk/t|
|Modulus||0.72 MPa||0.7 MPa|
|Special Features|| |
|UV Blocking|| Class 1 |
|Dynamic Light Absorption||No||No|
|Visibility Tint|| Yes |
| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Offers|
|Packaging Details|| 30 or 90 lenses per box,|
each lens in a foil-sealed plastic package
| 30 lenses per box or |
90 lenses per box
in buffered saline with polymeric wetting agents
|Price Range|| $72 - $110 (90 lenses)|| $30 - $48 (30 lenses) |
$76 - $132 (90 lenses)
|Cost per Day|| $0.80 - $1.22 (90 lenses)|| $0.99 - $1.60 (30 lenses) |
$0.85 - $1.47 (90 lenses)
|Online Retailers|| |
Have you tried these contact lenses? We would love to get your feedback!