DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. SofLens Dailies
A comparison of DAILIES TOTAL1 and SofLens Dailies, two daily disposable contact lenses that couldn't be more different. DAILIES TOTAL1 - a silicone hydrogel lens - was introduced in 2013 while SofLens daily disposable is based on a nonionic polymer and has been available for more than ten years.
Here are the highlights:
- DAILIES TOTAL1's oxygen transmission capability is remarkable: The 156 Dk/t value will support plenty of oxygen get through the lens to your eyes.
- SofLens impress with a high water content (59%) and is much thinner - 0.05mm compared to 0.09mm for the DAILIES TOTAL1.
- DAILIES TOTAL1 shows a lower water content but increases the content to more than 80% on the surface of the lens using a technology called SmarTears.
- Prices are quite different and translate into $0.39 - $0.64 for the SofLens Dailies compared to a $0.89 - $1.11 price tag for DAILIES TOTAL1. Note: This is a calculated daily cost per eye without any rebates that might be available.
DAILIES TOTAL1 and SofLens Dailies: Spec Sheets
Have you tried these contact lenses? We would love to get your feedback!
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2020
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs DAILIES AquaComfort Plus
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. Clariti 1 Day
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. MyDay Daily Disposable
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. Proclear 1 day