DAILIES TOTAL1 vs DAILIES AquaComfort Plus
A comparison of DAILIES TOTAL1 and DAILIES AquaComfort Plus. What are the differences? Detailed up-to-date specifications shown side by side: Material, parameters, special features, and daily cost.
While DAILIES TOTAL1 is a silicone hydrogel based lens, DAILIES AquaComfort Plus is made with the non-ionic hydrogel Nelfilcon A. The same material can also be found in the toric and presbyopic version. DAILIES AquaComfort Plus utilizes a combination of three different wetting agents to address moisture retention, initial wearing comfort, and a stable pre-lens tear film. In contrast, DAILIES TOTAL1 counts on its SmarTears technology, which releases a tear-like ingredient from the core to the surface of the lens making the lens smooth and moist while providing a high level of oxygen to the cornea. You can see the difference in looking at the water content and the oxygen transmission value.
The more expensive DAILIES TOTAL1 was introduced in 2013, while DAILIES AquaComfort Plus has been around since 2009.
DAILIES TOTAL1 and DAILIES AquaComfort Plus - Spec Sheets
Have you tried these contact lenses? We would love to get your feedback!
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2020
- Lens Advisor
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. Clariti 1 Day
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. MyDay Daily Disposable
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. Proclear 1 day
- DAILIES TOTAL1 vs. SofLens Dailies