Air Optix Aqua vs. Biofinity
Air Optix Aqua from Alcon Inc. and Biofinity from CooperVision Inc. are high-performance monthly replaceable contact lenses using a silicone hydrogel material. Both lenses are approved for extended wear (6 nights / 7 days) as prescribed by your eye care practitioner.
Biofinity lets more oxygen pass through the lens to your eye, is slightly thinner than Air Optix Aqua and covers a broader prescription range (from -12.0D to +8.00D). The average daily cost of both lenses is in a similar range.
By the way, the two companies have released 'upgraded' versions of the two lenses: Biofinity Energys and Air Optix with Hydraglyde. A comparison can be found here.
Air Optix Aqua and Biofinity - Spec Sheets
Found an error? Please let us know - we try our best, but sometimes it's just not enough :-)
Biofinity covers a wider range of available powers than the Air Optix Aqua. Both lenses are available as toric as well as multifocal lenses.
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2020
- ACUVUE OASYS vs. Biofinity
- Biofinity vs. Proclear
- Biofinity vs Biofinity Energys
- Biofinity vs. Avaira
- Lens Advisor
- Biofinity vs. PureVision2 - Comparison
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- Biofinity vs. Air Optix plus HydraGlyde