Biofinity vs. Avaira
A comparison of Biofinity and Avaira, two silicone hydrogel contact lenses manufactured by CooperVision. What are the differences?
Is it fair to compare a daily-disposable contact lens to a monthly replaceable lens? Maybe not. After all, they are just fundamentally different in terms of convenience and cost. That's different though when you compare a bi-weekly lens to a monthly lens simply because in both cases you need to be ready for a rigid cleaning routine. So here we are, comparing the monthly replaceable Biofinity to the bi-weekly replaceable Avaira.
While Avaira provides UV protection, Biofinity comes with a better oxygen transmission value, which might impact wearing comfort. Biofinity can be worn up to 6 consecutive nights based on your eye care practitioner's advice, while Avaira needs to be taken out every night. Our daily cost per eye calculation shows a 20-25% difference with Avaira being the winner in that category. Avaira and Biofinity's lens design is based on an aspherical design, a popular choice to reduce blurriness caused by spherical aberration.
Biofinity and Avaira: Spec Sheets
Have you tried both lenses in the past? We would love to get your feedback.
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2020
- ACUVUE OASYS vs. Biofinity
- Biofinity vs. Proclear
- Air Optix Aqua vs. Biofinity
- Biofinity vs Biofinity Energys
- Lens Advisor
- Biofinity vs. PureVision2 - Comparison
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- Biofinity vs. Air Optix plus HydraGlyde