1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Parameters and Specs
Introduced in 2008, 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® was the world's first daily disposable silicone hydrogel based contact lens, manufactured using a new breathable material called Narafilcon. Arafilcon is an innovative silicone hydrogel material saturated with a locked-in super smooth wetting agent which does not slow release onto the eye. Narafilcon delivers 98% oxygen flux to the cornea.
These contact lenses (for additional pictures click here) are truly remarkable as patients will regain incredible white eyes and comfort at the end of the day because the super wet and super smooth surface has the lowest friction coefficient of any daily disposable lens on the market today - even exceeding 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST. This is great news for contact lens wearers experiencing dry and itchy eyes after a long day.
Note: ACUVUE® TruEye® is available in many countries in Europe, North America and Asia/Pacific Rim.
Features and Benefits of 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® Contacts ?
ACUVUE® TruEye® lenses are made from Narafilcon A, a new silicone hydrogel material that allows for 98% oxygen flux to the cornea, resulting in fewer red and dry eyes - even at the end of a long day.
Featuring HYDRACLEAR technology combining an exceptional wetting agent with oxygen transmitting silicone hydrogel polymers. The result is an outstanding smooth and moist lens.
1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® contacts have the highest level of UVA and UVB blocking of any daily disposable contact lens with a minimum of 96% UVA and a minimum of 99% UVB blocking.
Who should consider 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®?
People who are looking for a convenient, no-maintenance way to wear contact lenses.
People who want to wear contact lenses everyday or just occasionally.
People who want UV Blocking in their daily disposable lenses.
What else should you know about 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®?
1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®
|Price Comparison|| |
|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.|
|Release Date|| - September 2008: Initial product launch in the UK and Ireland. |
- April 2009: 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® is now available in Germany.
- May 2009: Roll-out in Hong-Kong.
- July 2009: Roll-out in France, Denmark, and Sweden.
- August 2009: Roll-out in Poland, Czechia and Russia.
- April 2010: Roll-out in Canada.
- June 2010: Roll-out in the US.
|Wearing Details||Daily wear|
|Sphere Powers|| -12.00D to +6.00D |
(in 0.5 steps after -6.00D)
|Base Curves|| 8.5 mm |
|Lens Material|| Silicone hydrogel |
|Wetting Agents|| Yes |
|% of Material||54%|
|% of Water||46%|
|Center Thickness||0.085 mm|
|Oxygen Transmission||118 Dk/t|
|Special Features|| |
|UV Blocking|| Class 1 |
|Dynamic Light Absorption||No|
|Visibility Tint|| Yes |
|Inside-out Mark|| Yes |
|Packaging, Pricing and Offers|
|Packaging Details|| 30 lenses per box or |
90 lenses per box
Each sterile lens is supplied in a foil-sealed plastic package containing buffered saline solution with methyl ether cellulose. The package is marked with important information such as base curve, diopter power, diameter, lot number and expiration date.
|Price Range|| $35 - $53 (30 lenses) |
$74 - $107 (90 lenses)
|Cost per Day|| $1.17 - $1.76 (30 lenses) |
$0.82 - $1.19 (90 lenses)
|Online Retailers|| |
More about this Product
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Reviews and Ratings
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Rebate Info
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye - Lens Caring Tips
- Where to buy 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
- How to handle your ACUVUE TruEye Lenses
- Additional 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye Images
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye receives Seal of Acceptance for UV Absorbing Contact Lenses
- Availability of 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye by Country
- Availability of 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye in US
- France to roll out 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
- FDA premarket notification for new silicone hydrogel lens
- Contact Lens Rebates 2021
- Lowest Price Finder - 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye
Lens Advisor and Comparisons
- The Best Daily Contact Lenses in 2021
- Lens Advisor
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs 1-DAY ACUVUE MOIST
- Daily Cost Comparison of Contact Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Multifocal Lenses
- Daily Cost Comparison of Lenses for Astigmatism
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs ACUVUE OASYS
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs DAILIES TOTAL1
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs MyDay Daily Disposable
- 1-DAY ACUVUE TruEye vs SofLens Dailies